Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Can I get a witness?


Hebrews 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.

I'm thankful that God has given us each other to draw strength from and to get faith from. Sometimes our own progress may be stifled or we may not see what is really within us. But when we look at the progress of one another and see that this thing is doable, it will help us to run with patience. There's no magic bullet, no simple trick, our success requires commitment, endurance, persistence and patience. We have to make a conscious effort each day to pray, plan, purge, prepare and pray some more...for God to enter in and carry us to our destination. You can do it, I can do it, but together and with Christ - we can do anything but fail!!

Congratulations time:
Audery N. (Charlotte, NC) - I'm so proud of you girl! You are making descisions to choose life and starting over - that's big. I love you girl!

Kenya (Charlotte, NC) - That's serious dedication! We rolled out to the shopping field trip and you were up early planning and preparing palatable meals to stay on track. Your efforts are going to pay off - big! And encouraging your sister - that's what its all about!!

Recipe:
Sausage and Peppers w/Jasmine Rice

1/2 lb turkey sausage (previously oven roasted and sliced)
1 medium green pepper (sliced)
1/2 medium red pepper (chopped)
1 medium onion (sliced)
1/4 c low sodium soy sauce
2 cups of Jasmine rice (prepared)
seasonings to taste
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes (if you like it spicy)
Pam cooking spray (about 3 quick spritzes)

In preheated skillet, sprayed with Pam, add turkey sausage, seasonings, peppers, onions (feel free to add other veggies if you like). Cook until peppers and onions are tender. Add the soy sauce and simmer just for a second or two. Serve over jasmine rice and enjoy!

Exchanges (makes 4 servings). 2oz - Protein B, 1/2 cup carb b, 1/2 cup veggie a

Prayer: Lord, help me to look to you for strength and encouragement. Remind me that we are in this togehter. Not just you and I Lord, but my sisters and brothers and you and I. I love that you allow us to draw strength from one another. Thank you for all those that pray for me and with me. Remind me to pray fervently for them, to the tearing down of strongholds. In Jesus precious name. Bless us with good success. Amen.

Back to Eden: Eat to Lose - A Christian Approach to weight loss

Contact: Lisa Thatch 704-493-2035

No comments:

Post a Comment