Search This Blog

Friday, July 22, 2011

I got NEXT!!!

He was brought by the pool to wait for his healing.  He had been sick over 38 years...so long to keep believing that things could possibly change for him.  Day after day seeing people step in and come out whole.  "OHHH....the water is stirring...I see it," only to look around and realize he had no way to get to it.  Day after day being brought to the water, this close...THIS CLOSE...but not close enough.  'This person is whole and that person is whole and I'm still sitting here...' Sadness and hopelessness surround him even him as others are all around him dissapointed but only ONE will be made whole. Only the first to make it in will receive their healing.  Suddenly, tapped on the shoulder, by what looked to him like a stranger but unbeknownst to him He was aware of the years that he lie in that state. 

Sitting by the pool, waiting for the water to stir only to be yet again dissapointed because someone else got theirs...'When will I be next?' 'Will you be made whole?' Jesus asks him.  Probably thinking, 'What a dumb question!  I'm out here EVERY DAGGONE day!  If it didn't want to be whole I'd just stay home wouldn't I?!?!'  But he responds instead, 'I have no one to help me when the water stirs so I miss my turn.' Jesus says to him, 'Rise up, take your bed and WALK!'  (John 5:2-9 paraphrased and inference added)

I'm so glad this morning even as I think of all the excuses - even valid ones - that I have made as to why I could not, have not, did not receive the blessings and promises of God that through Christ I GOT NEXT!!!  Just getting up and being reminded that as long as there is breath in my body I can praise God!  I can cry out to the giver of life for strength and the best part is when I call on Him...HE ANSWERS!  I got NEXT!  He did it before and He'll do it again!!  I got NEXT!  Thankful for the faith to persevere and keep walking on water. 

Praise Reports!!
Lisa 'Indyatalks' Thatch down 6lbs!!!  Starting over ain't easy - but with Christ ALL THINGS are possible!!
Kathy M. down 3lbs in one week!  - GO GURL...ya bones is showin'! 

Rejoice in the Lord in EVERY trial and every triumph just keep TRYING.  Don't give up and remember YOU GOT NEXT!!!

Receipe: (This one if for our Spa Day Luncheon tomorrow)
Tomato Basil Shrimp with Pasta
2 Tblsp FRESH Basil - Chopped
2lbs Shrimp peeled/deveined
1qt Cherry Tomatoes cut in 1/2
2 Tblsp Garlic, chopped
2 Tblsp Olive oil
2 Tblsp Low Sodium Chicken broth
Lite salt/pepper to taste

In large frying pan add oil and bring up to medium temp lightly brown garlic, pan sear shrimp on each side for 3-4 mins each side.  Add basil, garlic, tomatoes, season with salt pepper.  Add broth.

Cook rice pasta according to package directions (rinsing thoroughly).  Toss with 1 tsp olive oil and parsley flakes.  Top with shrimp/tomato/basil mixture and ENJOY!!!

Prayer:  Lord, continue to bless us and keep us.  Remind us to trust you daily for our daily bread.  Thank you for forgiveness and starting over.  We bless your name and we praise you in all that we do.  In Jesus' name!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment