Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

WAIT UP!!!

Is 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.


It may feel like you are just treading water. You may feel like, your efforts are in vain. Just 3 short months ago, I was ready to give up on all of it. My weight - life period, everything...I just felt like I had done all I could do and nothing was working. It was time to throw in the towel, accept my failures and resolve myself to accept, maybe I was just meant to be 'fat' or at least 'fatter' than most.

It was devastating to me. I don't like to fail. I turned to God, this time filled with my desperation, and I asked Him, to do something. I had prayed before and always go to God, but the weight...I kind of asked Him 'along' for the ride. I didn't surrender it all to Him. It didn't seem serious enough. I mean, people had 'real' problems He needed to deal with. But it got REAL to me so I CASTED it - to Him and actually, let go.

The 'wait' started. That didn't mean doing nothing, it meant doing 'everything' I could and 'expecting' God to do 'everything' He could.

Wait on the Lord - with an EXPECTANT spirit and be found doing all YOU can and He will answer prayers.

Congratulations Time!!

SAN T. - wait for it...wait for it............6 INCHES and 2lbs in 2 WEEKS!!! That must have been you on page 43 of Jet magazine!! You better WORK!!!

Cossandra S. - Out shopping? Running errands? Can I stay on plan...YES I CAN!! You go girl. Way to stay committed to your goals. AWESOME!

Priscilla W. - YOU GO GIRL!! down 1 more lb!! Every bit counts. You get it slim. Stay on track - you got this!

Recipe:

Roasted Butternut Squash (thanks for requesting this one Jennifer)

1lb squash - peeled and cubed (big chunks - Harris Teeter sells them ready to cook)

Butter flavored Pam cooking spray

3pkts Sweetner (Stevia/Splenda - your preferred brand)

1/2 tsp nutmeg

1/2 tsp cinnamon

Butter Bud - sprinkles (to taste) - I don't use this on mine personally. It tastes good without it to me.

On a cooking tray or sheet, spray with Pam and arrange squash on sheet. Spray squash w/Pam and sprinkle sweetner, nutmeg and cinnamon on top. Bake at 400 degrees for 40-45 mins (until golden brown and fork tender).

Serve 1/2 c serving as a carb A. I found that I love it anywhere I'd normally have a sweet potato, just to break up the monotony. I've eaten it with breakfast, dropping it cold in my peach smoothie for a creamy texture. Get creative. I'll send the peach squash smoothie recipe out tomorrow. Enjoy!!

Prayer: Lord, let me be an instrument of your peace. Help me to bring love and encouragment and support to those connected to me. Bless and cover each one of these people and strengthen them with your power. Raise up the holy spirit in each of us and use it to encourage and support us in our goals and efforts to be whole, healthy and productive vessels for your kingdom's work. In Jesus name. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment