Search This Blog

Monday, August 23, 2010

Make the right choice

Romans 7:15 For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do.

Paul really hit home with me in this scripture. Some of the things that I am challenging myself to do, I really don't yet understand. I get frustrated, it doesn't come easily. But the thing I hate - not because I don't enjoy them - such as eating whatever I want, not exercising, watching tv with bon bons. These things I more easily do. I don't hate them, but I do hate the results of these actions; I don't want to gain weight, I don't want to raise my cholesterol, I don't want to ever go back on blood pressure meds- yet, it is so much easier to make the 'wrong' choices than the ones that actually support my goals and desires that I want for my life.

Success is difficult! No where in any presentation that I have ever given have I tried to mislead anyone that this or any change that you desire for your life was easy. But with Christ it is possible. It is up to us to surrender to God our will and ask that His will be done.

Tomorrow night, we will be enjoying one another's company at the 'Do it again - RAP (Review All Pitfalls) session'. 7pm at 301 W. 24th Street. Please be sure to rsvp by this evening - so far I have about 15 people confirmed. (call my cel - 704-493-2035 or send me an email thatchl@yahoo.com) Dinner will be provided so I need to know how many to plan for.

I desire that we all have good success. Joshua 1:8 tells us how.

I am including a special note today. Kim J. has honored me with her testimony and is allowing me to share it with you all. She is in Baltimore so she won't be with us tomorrow night. Here is her testimony:


"To ALL who are interested: My name is Kim J and I too am strugglin' with this thang!!! Thanks to God and Lisa, who both helped me to understand that this is a life long journey and one that I have to conquer with support from God and all other interested and supportive individuals who also understand that it is a daily struggle. I have had a weight problem all of my life but have always been determined to succeed in whatever I chose to do despite my weight. All of these years, I have not understood that I have been giving in to my weight through indulging in foods that are not good for me or to me and that the unhealthy foods have been winning. I refuse to give in anymore; Lisa has helped me to realize that it is a battle but one we must choose to win and in order to win, we must endure. And this time, I am determined to endure. I realize that if I allow myself to slip back into old habits, I will give up so....with every bite of food I put in my mouth (good, bad or a tie) oh yeah, I do cheat...I make the decision to work it out in the gym or instead of staying under 1800 calories a day I have to drop down to 1500 calories a day for 2 days if I decide to have that nasty bag of potato chips that I love especially when I am PMSing. No it's not easy to be good all the time but I am in it for the long haul. You have to have a made up mind, be prepared, be strengthened and be ready to endure. Trust me, my maximum wt was 341lbs; when I started this eating plan (yep, you have to plan)in April, I was 321lbs I am now down to 285lbs in four months and looking foward to the next four months. Trust me, if I can do this, anyone can do this. After years of hearing people use this adage and hearing myself and other people say it's your thyroid, it's your self esteem, you're not motivated, you have no will power,and you're lazy; I know that none of it was true, I just wasn't ready to make the committment. So busy caring for other folks!!! Now it's time to care for me and truly care for me. I am in it to win it for life!!!! Hope this encourages you to get started and Keep It Movin' (KIM). "


Amen Kim! I'm so proud of you - keep walking on water!!

No comments:

Post a Comment