Search This Blog

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Will you be the battle axe God uses?

Jeremiah 51:20 Thou art my battle axe and weapons of war: for with thee will I break in pieces the nations, and with thee will I destroy kingdoms; 21 And with thee will I break in pieces the horse and his rider; and with thee will I break in pieces the chariot and his rider;

I cry everytime at the verse in the song 'Grateful' that says - " I am grateful for the things that you have done. I am grateful for the victories 'we've' won!" (I know ya'll probably know I cry all the time - lol) But specifically I am humbled that God counts me as a part of the victories and says 'we've' won them together. When the truth be told, I am probably more of a hindrance to God's winning battles than satan is. I get in His way and diminish the effectiveness of His power with my doubt and disbelief. With my questions and interruptions instead of walking in obedience to Him - trusting, completely.

Yet when I read that not only am I fighting 'with' God (on my side), We are actually the instruments of mass destruction that He is using to defeat the kingdoms that rise up against HIM!?! I was like - whoa...me? A battle axe?!? - one of the most dangerous weapons used in mideval history and a source destruction in all the really good 'war' movies. A battle axe is supposed to be razor sharp and oiled to perfection for its most effective use and even then, the weilder of the weapon must be skilled to really do it justice and in our case the weilder is the Lord himself!!

I want to be fit for the Master's use in all areas of my life. Spiritually, Mentally AND Physically! I want to allow God to 'sharpen' me and let me be the Battle Axe He chooses to use in this war against the adversary. "If the axe is dull and its edge unsharpened, more strength is needed, but skill will bring success" (Ecclesiastes 10:10). We can 'sharpen' ourselves by living purposeful, self-controlled lives that are pleasing to God. This SKILL will bring about SUCCESS!! WE WIN!!!

Congratulations Time:
Dr. Cassandra J. - So excited to have you on the journey! Let's get ready to WIN!!
Kenya T. - Keep going sista - I'm so proud of your consistency; time for a weigh in!!
Monica B. - Way to check ya' self. Iron sharpens Iron - Love you you got this!!
Maryland Crew - Hit me up with your numbers (Lissy:) Send those measurements) Love ya'll!!

Recipe:
Chicken & Apple Salad

This is really not a 'recipe' just a little something I threw together and it was soooo good.
Tossed Salad Greens
Grape tomatoes
Fresh Basil
Grilled chicken (cut up in chunks)
Gala Apple (cored and cut up in chunks like the chicken)
Wishbone Asian Silk - salad spritzer (you can use any vinigrette like raspberry vinigrette if you prefer)

Just toss it all in a bowl, spray it and YUMMY!! (for a tiny bit of sweetness you can add 5 or 6 'craisins' but that is extra sugar we probably don't need...so skip it:)
This is a great meal/snack for those needing Protein A/B and Fruit A - remember veggies are always FREE.

No comments:

Post a Comment