Search This Blog

Monday, August 2, 2010

More than...


Romans 8:37Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

"More than a conqueror" provokes me to consider all the things that I let hold me back from conquoring. The things I see in get in the way of the victory I should see. I'm more than a conqueror. Yes, I am. But even more importantly, I'm more than my failures or my short comings or my obstacles. In order to conquer I have to get some understanding.

I'm more than this belly-that seems to have a life of its own sometimes. I'm more than these thighs-that don't to play 'nice' with each other. I'm more than these arms - that keep waving long after everyones gone. I'm more than this butt-that jiggle-it more just a little bit. How about I'm more than a wife - who wants to be 'perfect'. I'm more than a husband - who can't seem to acheive the success he desires for his family. I'm more than the number on the scale. I'm more than what people say about me. I'm more than....well, a lot of stuff. When I focus on all the things I'm 'less than' I dimish my ability to conquer the things God has ALREADY made me MORE than a conqueror over!!

At the end of me and in the midst of my weakness is when I tap into my strenght and I become 'more than'. For where I am weak - YET I am made strong in the power of the Holy Ghost. I am more than the SUM of all my flaws.

We have the ability to put our thoughts under subjection to OUR will which should be HIS will. If we couldn't God wouldn't have said we should. "Shun vain and profane imaginations for they lead to more ungodliness." What is more ungodly than failure?!?! You are a winner! No matter what your current condition. You may not have manifested your 'conquest' as of this moment, but do what the word of God says, whatsoever is pure, whatsoever is of good report...think on these things!

You are MORE THAN a conqueror!!! Now, let's get ready to take over the WORLD!! (one pound at a time:)

Recipe:
Sausage & Peppers Penne Pasta

1lb ButterBall Turkey Sausage
10oz Bird's eye frozen stir fry peppers mix
1 cup Trader Joe's Penne Rice Pasta
1 skeet Pam cooking spray (Olive Oil)

In a heated, non-stick skillet, brown and cook the turkey sausages through. Once they are cooked add the frozen veggies on top. Reduce heat, cover. (Let veggies brown). While that is cooking, prepare the Rice Pasta according to package directions. Be sure to rinse under cool water at the end of cooking to remove all excess start. Spray with Pam (olive oil) to prevent sticking.

I didn't use ANY additional seasonings on this dish. The sausages, peppers and onions all gave their flavor and the 'skeet' of olive oil Pam finished the deal. Delicious. You can substitue rice for the pasta if you prefer.

Shout outs! I have specifically used initials to represent our names in this blog today, because its not really about us individually. We share so many of these flaws. We are striving to do right and sometimes just give up because we focus on where we have failed and not where we have succeeded.

MD - You are more than your arms
CW - You are more than the # on the scale
JD - You are more than a cookie
LT - You are more than a piece of cake

We are MORE than our fault or our weaknesses. We are MORE THAN A CONQUEROR! This is a journey. One step, one day, one decision at a time.

Prayer: Lord, today remind us of who we are and how we are able to be more than. Its in you Lord. We don't have to expect perfection in ourselves, just of you. We ask that you 'perfect' us Lord. Bit by bit. Show us your way and lead us not unto tempation. Deliver us Lord from evil and the obstacles of our own thoughts and opinions. Don't let us short change ourselves Lord. Bless us and keep us. In the power and the authority of the name of Jesus!! Amen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment