Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Sitting on the dock of the bay...

John 5:12 Rise up, take your bed, walk! The story of a certain man with an infirmaty of some 38 years. Sitting by the pool of Bethesda...waiting....

Its a story I know far too well. Its about me. I sat on the edge of the bed for years 'waiting' for someone or something to 'move me' so that I could reach my weight loss goals. My prayers were always full of 'I don't know why's' and 'if only some how's' but oddly at the end of the day, I'd be right where I started. Halt, Lame, Blind, stricken by the same infirmaty of some 30-some odd years. FAT. Well, fat isn't a primary infirmaty its actually a direct result of my sedentary lifestyle and eating choices. Actually, that's not even the 'root' of my fat. The truth is, if I am honest, I permitted myself those choices often out of a 'woe is me' attitude. "My life is so hard...I been through too much - I don't want to add to it" or "I've had it so rough, why should I further punish myself". Then to blame, "its not my fault I'm fat, my ____________ made me be fat." Then to anger, "God has forgotten me in EVERYthing and in this too!" Even finally getting to the 'first' acceptance...there's nothing wrong with my 'fat'. Which was really a cover up.

But I'm glad that when I finally surrendered to the truth, that all these were cop-outs, excuses, plain ole lies...Jesus was right there. He told me to rise up, take my bed...and walk. I could have been just like my brother at the pool of Bethesda and said, but, but, but...but I guess I used all my 'buts' up at the front end. Thankfully Jesus strengthened, educated, encouraged, uplifted and empowered me to finally do what He had placed in me all along...overcome. Don't wait. Make the choice today.

Cane Creek update:
We have 3 spots left in cabin 6 due to unforseen scheduling from some of our sisters. So if you wanted to come and couldn't its not too late!

Deposits of $20 are due by 9/24/10 - This friday.

Recipe: Ratatouille (there's no rats in this version)
1 summer squash (cut in small cubes)
1 zucchini (cut in small cubes)
1 eggplant (cut in small cubes)
1 large vidalia onion (diced)
1 15 oz can of diced tomatoes (low or no sodium) drained
1 clove garlic (chopped)
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Lite salt/Pepper to taste
1tbsp olive oil

In a heated heavy bottom pan heat the oil and add the onions. Cook until clear, add garlic cook until slightly browned. Add veggies and seasonings(not tomatoes yet). Cover and simmer for about 5 mins they will render some water of their own. Stir in the tomatoes and heat through.

Can be eaten as a delicious 'free' side or toss some protein in and make it your main course.

Exchanges: Veggie A

Congratulations to Judy D. You've kept it stable and now you are taking it up a notch. Like Emeril says, 'bam, bam, bam'. Do the dern thang:)

Prayer: God, come in and remove all our excuses. Show us the truth in us. Faith with out works is dead. We know it in our minds, help us to move it in our lives. Keep us growing and growing daily. Let us die to our flesh daily and help us to put in into subjection. Lord, I ask you to strengthen me to find ways to stay encouraged in my frustrations. Remind us that we have a saviour who has gone before us and paid the cost for us to have life and life more abundantly. I'm thankful applies to 'this' life and the next. Come in Lord to my day. You are invited. You are welcome. In Jesus name.

Special Prayer: Lord, you've given Him over 10 days longer than the doctors ever said. He's moving his hands Lord, he's looking around Lord. Full restoration Lord. We believe you for complete and total restoration in the Cunningham's son Lord. He's got miles to go before he sleeps. We know you are able. You are the great I AM. Amen.

Meanwhile...Keep walking on water!

No comments:

Post a Comment