Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Walking with God in the cool of the day

Genesis 3:8 And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.

As the season begins to change I'm looking for creative ways to get my jogging in without running in the dark and still leaving time for all the other things I have to do. I get up with my son at 5:30am, eat breakfast, read/pray, and watch for the sun to creep over the horizon. As soon as its on the horizon, I head out the door so I can be back before time to start work. I enjoy the first couple minutes the BEST. Its still dark but the light is just creeping over the horizon. As I jog talking to God the sounds are only of nature - His creation. I'm thankful in all that He created, He also created us. Fearfully and wonderfully made in His image are we. A masterpiece. A work of the master craftsman. How can I honor my creator today? Am I full of lipservice or do I honor Him with my whole heart? Do I need to 'hide' myself for disobedience or may I walk openly and naked before my Lord and receive all of His good counsel? Examining those thoughts...

Congratulations time we've been waiting for!
Tasha M. - Down 9lbs and 11.5 inches this year so far! U didn't have much to lose but toning up and shrinking down those inches is what it do!! Go girl! So proud of you!

Porshe D. - Down 6lbs...u go girl. I know you stepping it up and shrinking it down. Rock it out!

MaryAnn H. - Down 6lbs in the first week (unofficial weigh in - probably down a bit more:) Keep up all the great work and commitment. Sexy tennis arms - whoooohooo!! U go girl!

Dr.MJ - Down 7lbs and 9 big old inches - WATCH OUT THERE NOW!! Do it do it do it!!

And to save the Valedictorian of the Day for last......(drum roll)
Vangie H. - Down a total of 40lbs and 18 inches in just 5 months and SHE IS STILL DOING THE DERN DAGGONE GOOD GODAMIGHTY THANG!!! VANGIE u are what's up. I'm so proud of you. Now
walk it out!

Recipe of the Day:
Chicken Fajitas (fake fajitas - my Cookie says)
1lb chicken breast
1/2 packet fajita seasonings
1tbsp garlic paste (if you don't have garlic paste you can use regular garlic)
10oz package onion/pepper stir fry veggies (or you can use a chopped onion, green and red pepper)
1 can Black Beans (low sodium)
2 cups white rice (cooked)

In a bowl, combine chicken breast (cut in strips) with the seasonings. In a hot non-stick skillet, brown the pre-seasoned chicken on both sides. Add the veggies and the garlic and cook until veggies are defrosted and chicken is cooked through.

In a separate saucepan, heat the black beans. (You may want to add seasonings -garlic, onion powder, black pepper and/or some chopped onions to the black beans).

Spoon the black beans over the rice and add the chicken/veggie mixture on the side. I promise you won't miss the tortilla:) Enjoy.

Portion: Chicken and veggies 1/2 cup. - Protein B; Beans and Rice 1/2 cup combined - Carb B
Feel free to add more veggies to your plate...they are 'free'.

Prayer: Show me how to be transparent in front of you Lord. You are never failing, never faltering and the embarrassments that I have about my shortcomings are because I continue to rely on my own strength. Help me to tap into the anointing and allow the anointing to expose my flaws not to embarrass but to restore me to right relationship with you so that we may walk again together in the cool of the day. I love you Lord. Thank you for seeing the best in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment