Search This Blog

Thursday, October 28, 2010

No more MR. Niceguy

NO MORE MR. NICEGUY

1 Kings 20: 2 And he sent messengers to Ahab king of Israel into the city, and said unto him, Thus saith Benhadad, 3 Thy silver and thy gold is mine; thy wives also and thy children, even the goodliest, are mine.

20 And they slew every one his man: and the Syrians fled; and Israel pursued them: and Benhadad the king of Syria escaped on an horse with the horsemen. 21 And the king of Israel went out, and smote the horses and chariots, and slew the Syrians with a great slaughter.

29 And they pitched one over against the other seven days. And so it was, that in the seventh day the battle was joined: and the children of Israel slew of the Syrians an hundred thousand footmen in one day. 30 But the rest fled to Aphek, into the city; and there a wall fell upon twenty and seven thousand of the men that were left. And Benhadad fled, and came into the city, into an inner chamber.

 32 So they girded sackcloth on their loins, and put ropes on their heads, and came to the king of Israel, and said, Thy servant Benhadad saith, I pray thee, let me live. And he said, Is he yet alive? he is my brother. 33 Now the men did diligently observe whether any thing would come from him, and did hastily catch it: and they said, Thy brother Benhadad. Then he said, Go ye, bring him. Then Benhadad came forth to him; and he caused him to come up into the chariot. 34 And Benhadad said unto him, The cities, which my father took from thy father, I will restore; and thou shalt make streets for thee in Damascus, as my father made in Samaria. Then said Ahab, I will send thee away with this covenant. So he made a covenant with him, and sent him away.
 
So, this is a lot of scripture text this morning, but if you read the entire selection, when you get up to this point (vs 34), if you are anything like me, you will be scratching your head - 'Huh'?  WTH?  Ummm...so, he (Ahab - King of Israel) had Benhadad - King of Syria, right where he wanted him - in a surrendered position.  AND LET HIM GO!!!  I was like - that is so stupid!  No one would do something that dumb. 

I'm not even a military person and I know better than that.  I'd never do that - shoot, I got my enemy overtaken and I have their KING in my hand...you better know its going down!!  Its over.  Finito.  Kaput.  Done.

...and then I get real about it.  How many relationships have I been 'freed' from only to choose the same mess one-mo-gin (that's kuntry for 'another time' for my northern readers:).  How many times have I been 'delivered' (yeah - real live DELIVERED) only to tip-toe back on into it, because 'I'm good - I got this'.  How can I be at a point where I'm seeing GOOD SUCCESS only to allow myself to succumb to OLD thinking (sinking thinking)?
 
When we have conquered, overtaken, overcome a THING in our lives - food, sedentary lifestyle, sinking thinking, low self-esteem, whatever it is, we have a responsibility to SNUFF IT OUT!!  KILL IT!!  Do not allow it even a tiny toe hold because it is NOT YOUR FRIEND!  Don't you remember it was trying to destroy you?!  EVERYTHING about you? 

We have to GET UP today and choose to utterly destroy the enemy.  The bible says DIE DAILY.  That 'flesh', that 'laziness', that 'urge', that 'man/woman' WHATEVER OR WHOMEVER it is that is not good for your right for you KILL IT!!  DON'T PLAY GAMES WITH IT!
 
The scripture goes on to show what would happen to the King of Israel because of his slackness - 1 Kings 20: 42 And he (the prophet) said unto him (King Ahab), Thus saith the LORD, Because thou hast let go out of thy hand a man whom I appointed to utter destruction, therefore thy life shall go for his life, and thy people for his people. 43 And the king of Israel went to his house heavy and displeased, and came to Samaria.
 
I will not be utterly destroyed.  I will not have YOU to be utterly destroyed.  God says WE WIN.  But we have a responsibility to be ACTIVE participants in the victory.  Get up, take control of your life and OVER TAKE your enemy - he's delivered into YOUR hands - KILL HIM don't give him a chance to recover and come back and destroy YOU!
 
Congratulations Time!
Marsharie I. - Down 4lbs!  You go girl!!  I'm so proud of you!  Taking control of your destiny!  No more fried foods - and look at you!  SEXY SEXY!!
 
Lisa Indyatalks T. - Holding steady with the pounds but losing inches...One day at a time - I HAVE THE VICTORY!!
 
Kim J. - special shout out to you.  You encourage my soul everytime I think about the commitment you have made to yourself and your daughter.  I pray much continued success!  Please send me some updates girl.  Keep walking tall!!
 
Recipe: Fish & Chips YUMMY!  Oven easy deliciousness!!
 
Prayer:  Lord, now that you've shown me the victory, strengthen me to take it through to the end.  It often feels like I could just sit down, stop right here and go back to a 'regular' lifestyle but I know you desire better for me.  I trust you to strengthen me and give me endurance.  You never wanted 'regular' for me.  I settled for it.  You said you came to give me life and life MORE abundantly - nothing 'regular' about that.  In your strength and under your spirit I am able to continue and persevere and encourage and uplift those around me.  I love you for giving me the day and giving me my life back.  I look to you Lord.  I look to you!

Meanwhile...keep walking on water!

No comments:

Post a Comment