Search This Blog

Friday, October 22, 2010

duck - duck - duck.....GOOSE!!!

Duck, duck, duck....GOOSE!!!

1 Samuel 16: 11 And Samuel said unto Jesse, Are here all thy children? And he said, There remaineth yet the youngest, and, behold, he keepeth the sheep. And Samuel said unto Jesse, Send and fetch him: for we will not sit down till he come hither.

Alright God, put this together cuz it don't make no sense to me yet...(my prayer right now-lol)

So, I'm sitting here thinking of what to write and I start to think - DUCK - DUCK - DUCK - DUCK.....GOOSE!! I haven't played that game in years!! You know it, you sit in a circle and someone walks around and pats you on the head and says...Duck - Duck - Duck (come on holy ghost) and you sit...BUT when they pat you on the head and say GOOSE you get up and RUN - give CHASE!! You have to reach them before they sit down because....ITS YOUR TURN TO MOVE!!!

Thank you Lord!  I think about David and all days he spent sitting in the field, not even being called to dinner (I'm shouting right now) and he sat diligently watching over the flock in the field his own father had to be ADMONISHED into bringing him to dinner!!!  BUT GOD!!!  When the ANOINTING was poured over him...his season began to change...(he would not rise immediately to his position but it was time to start MOVING in that direction). 

GOOSE!!!  God has TOUCHED you!  He has poured on you the anointing of his Holy Spirit.  Its time to RUN for the Lord.  Its time to MOVE in the direction of your goals.  We have a command from the Lord to present ourselves a LIVING SACRIFICE - holy and acceptible!!  That is not just about how you eat, exercise, live, work but it is about it ALL.  Your work, your worship, your life - everything about you.  God wants you to get up and RUN toward Him. RUN toward your goals.  RUN!!!  GIVE CHASE!!  GOOSE!!!!
I can't stop praising right now.  I know that I haven't even begun to properly conceive what God has in store for us.  And I have a pretty EXTENSIVE imagination.  But one thing I do know - and that is it cannot - WILL not be accomplished if we do NOTHING.    God uses us as His hand extended.  He is waiting for us...now RUN!!  AND there's more...HE WILL HELP YOU TO WIN!  He said He would renew your strength!!  You will mount up with wings as eagles (he gotta be some kin to a goose - lol)  You will run and not be weary, walk and not faint!!  (Is. 40:31 paraphrased)

Congratulations time!
Kim J. (Baltimore, MD) - You keep surprising yourself!!  I'm so proud of you for not giving up on YOU!  Down 6lbs MORE!  You saw that ole' plateau and told it to HIT THE BRICKS!!  My God is ABLE!  Keep going sister!

Michelle C. (Charlotte, NC) - You had me LAUGHING OUT LOUD looking for the ingredients for the Apple/Pecan w/craisins salad.  Glad you got your workout running through the store looking for everything.  And BRAVO for braving the brownie aisle!  The devil put the pecans by the brownies - LOL.

Last Minute Weekend Moves
Ladies from the retreat, ya'll were WALKING and doing the dern thang.  Cardio, 3 miles, 6 miles, chacha slide, dancing...doing the dern thang!  Many of you asked me to keep ya'll moving.  So, meet me at 8:30am on Saturday @ 301 W. 24th Street for a 1 hour walk/run through downtown.  I'm going to go from 24th street to Morehead (on Tryon) and back.  Then stop and snake the stairs at that church on 9th street.  I usually do it by myself but I'd really enjoy some company.  So I'll see you there!!

Lost and Found
All of the lost items from the retreat have been found and delivered to their rightful owners!  AMEN!That's God!

Wanted
I would LOVE a juicer - if anyone has one gathering dust under their counters PLEASE be a blessing:) 

Chicken Parmesan Recipe
(its on a separate link in the blog so that you can search for it easier later). 

Prayer:  Lord, thank you for waking me up this morning for blessing me with a covering that includes my sisters (Thank you Sis. Karen F.) and brothers who pray for me and love me as I love them.  Thank you for strengthening me for your work.  God, today - help us to be committed to you through how we treat ourselves.  Remind us to honor our temple and honor you out of obedience to your will for us.  Obedience is better than sacrifice.  I believe that everytime we keep our promises to you, you strengthen us and bless us.  I realize that in and of my own strength it is impossible to please you Lord.  But through Christ - all things are possible.  Thank you for CHRIST.  In Jesus name - AMEN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment