Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Power Thoughts

Peter on the water: Matthew 14:22

Lisa on the water: Thatch 10:06:10

I can't do this, its too much. I don't believe in me anymore. Any of this kind of thinking will be "sinking thinking".

Dig it:
My desire - to walk on water
My source - Christ
My untimely demise - ME

Sinking thinking...down, down, down, I begin to sink.

All that I am doing with Christ at the healm...water walking...I LOVE walking on the water. Its like floating to me. Its freedom. Its triumphal. Its OVERCOMING EVERYTHING that I ever thought impossible. Its success. I'm walking on water!

Then I think "I'm walking on water"? I'm not walking on water. I can't walk on water. Nobody walks on water. You are stuck between a size 8 and size 10 for the past 3 months - you are not walking on water. Things are insane in your life. Nothing is going as it should. You are losing. You are failing. you are not really gonna do this - SINKING THINKING....and down, down, down I begin to sink...

"Whoa, hey, listen, over here....um, scuse me - Jesus here! What happened? We were doing this together. Why did you leave me?" (me to Christ) Huh? I left you? You left me! I was right here, walking on water and then...o yeah - I started to think 'I' was walking on water. I took my eye off of you. It was 'You' (Jesus) who empowered me to walk on water. Not me myself. Only in my surrender to YOU can I do all things. Thanks bro. And we're walking!! (ode to Regine' - love you sis)

This Saturday at 9am we will have our monthly "Pray in-Weigh in".
301 W. 24th Street
Charlotte, NC 28206

Please plan to attend if you are local to Charlotte. I would like to float locations if any of you here in Charlotte have somewhere that we can host the "Pray in-Weigh in" for November, please let me know. We don't need much room, we can even do it outside if you like (it'll be brisk but hey, at least we know we won't fall asleep while we praying).

God is doing great things in each of you. I'm so excited for the upcoming retreat and overwhelmed by the participation. Not only did you ladies sign up en masse but almost everyone has reached out to me to 'volunteer' for something. You really realize that 'every joint supplieth' and that this is not a "Lisa Indyatalks Thatch" thang but a body of believers thang. I'm glad to be a part of your body.


Congratulations Time:

Lisa Indyatalks Thatch - down 5lbs FINALLY!!!! Jesus! Hallelujah! I have been so 'stuck' and going up it wasn't making sense. But I kept pushing and doing realizing that I was building a lot of muscle which was messing with my 'scale #s' and finally - a breakthrough!

Connie S. (Charlotte,NC) - Doing great lady! Even getting hubby on the plan. I'm so glad its working for you. I can't wait to weigh in on Saturday and get the real 'skinny' on things:)

Recipe:
My church family is in the month of Consecration this month and we are denying ourselves flesh and TV. So this is a vegan recipe that I've enjoyed this week.

Quinoa & Cabbage
(Read about quinoa, pronounced Kin WAH online. It eats like a starch but metabolizes like a vegetable, packed with health benefits and is yummy!!)

Quinoa (prepared package because I wanted to try it without messing it up)
Trader Joes has it with mixed veggies and it is only $2.99 follow directions on the pkg.

1 head Cabbage sliced thin
5 baby carrots
2 celery stalks cut in 2in chunks
1 onion sliced thin
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp paprika

Place all veggies in a heavy bottom skillet, add seasoning, cover on medium heat. Cook to desired tenderness. Notice NO OIL and it wasn't missed.

The entire meal is a 'FREE' and it fills you up. Take a little beano before so it doesn't blow you away - LOL.

Prayer: Lord, thank you for reminding me to keep my eye on you. To put my faith and trust in YOU and not in myself or what I see or even how I feel. I can't do this without you. I'm glad I don't have to. You are the strength of my life. You are my all and all. Thank you for surrounding me with loving people to encourage, support and remind me of who I am. I get lost in my 'sinking thinking' and they turn me to you and walk with me on the water. I love you Lord.

Reminder: For those who prayed with us the special prayer over the past months, we are having the Memorial Service for young Kareem Berry who has gone to be with our Father. Services will be held on 10/9/10 @ 2pm 301 W. 24th Street. God showed Himself MIGHTY in KB's life to the very end. We KNOW God is in complete control. The family thanks you for your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment