Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Not my goodies!!

The temple of God.  The place of worship.  The holy place.  The place of communion with the Lord.  The place of honor.  The place of refuge.  Defiled.  How can you help me Lord to choose to honor you Lord when I am in fear?  Help me not to be slack concerning you.  Lord, I seek you.  I seek you deliberately.  Remind me that I make choices each day to serve you and that whether I choose wrongly or choose NOT to choose I still choose.  Cover me with a mindfulness that serving you is a daily decision that doesn't happen by accident or force. 

2 Kings 16: 8 And Ahaz took the silver and gold that was found in the house of the LORD, and in the treasures of the king's house, and sent it for a present to the king of Assyria.

I choose the things of God and give them to man.  All my goodies.  I give them away.  Out of fear.  If I'm honest, lots of the decisions I made over the years were out of fear.  Not all of them, but some.  Sometimes my choices were made out of lonliness, some anger, some sadness but yeah...lots of them fear.  Fear that I'd be alone, or fear that no one would want me or fear that no one COULD love me.  Fear that this would be forever.  FEAR that this is all that there is, so why bother or why not?  I can't live forever without eating cake?  I can't go on forever without having sex?  I can't wait for THE one...I can settle for SOME one.  I don't have to wait for the ring - he LOVES me.  We are gonna get married (one day). 

I'm just saying, some decisions are made in the moment because I allowed fear (in the form of lack of self control) to govern my decisions.  Little by little.  Strong holds slip in and before I knew it, I was sacrificing my most precious gifts!  Just me, maybe not you.  Just me - that's all I can talk to.  Just me.

So - can I never eat cake?  Can I never have sex? (this was then not now - I's married now - LOL)  Am I doomed to pay for my choices forever?  No!  Thankfully, God is remolding me, rebuilding me.  In this process there are a lot of things that I 'could' do that I (emphasis on 'I') cannot do (for now).  There are still some areas of my life that need purging and clensing.  God is still establishing my value.  I still get to easily distracted.  So for now - REBUILD ME.  Tear me down so that I may be build up in your image.  Ahaz is dead - let me walk in my Hezekiah season Lord!

Congratulations!!
YOU MADE IT!  Its November 2010...I bet you didn't think it would get here this quickly!  Just weeks before the season of FOOD, FAMILY, FUN!  But its also the season for lots of people to suffer the reality of their emptiness, loneliness and great depression.  Often the reality of this season reminds some of what we 'don't' have rather that what we have to be thankful for.  Many of us turn to alcohol, food or other vices to fill the empty voids in our lives.  Let's be mindful of this season.  Not only for ourselves but for those we love or come in contact with.  Be nicer than usual.  Open your heart to someone new.  Be God's hand extended.  Instead of eating or drinking find social situations to share in.  We don't want to put on the 'annual 10lbs'.  Let's release and open up ourselves to love!!

Weekend events:
Saturday - Freedom Park 10am (Charlotte, NC) 5K
CureSearch

Saturday - Diva's Day Out 2-6pm @ The Wine Up (Charlotte, NC)
Admission is $10 in advance/$12 at the door
Free food, $5 dollar manicures, $7 pedicures, $1 per minute massages, $15 dollar photo shoot, handbags, jewelry, door prizes, a fashion show by MAKellz @4pm and so much more!
BACK TO EDEN IS A VENDOR!!!  Please come out and support me in my first event as a 'vendor' OMG!!

Recipe:
Collard Greens

Prayer:  Lord, help me to honor you today.  Help me to make conscious decisions to let you guide me and lead me.  Help me to believe your report and not my FEELINGS.  Help me to continue to pray for the changes in the situations in my life and to sure them up with action and not talk.  Help me to build up those connected to me and not destroy.  Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be accepted in thy sight.  I love you Lord.  Thank you for not giving up on me!!

Special prayer:  You know what she's standing in the need of Lord.  Make haste.  Let the answer come early and place her heart in perfect peace.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment