Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

whooopppsss....Slipping

Psalm 94:18 When I said, "My foot slippeth," thy mercy, O Lord, held me up

Just walking along...and WHOOPS - I begin to fall.    Thank God you are right there.  You caught me and you held me up and you kept my foot from dashing against the stone.  Instead of being thankful, I'm caught up in aggravation for the fall I almost had.  Wow.  The thoughts are so tricky.  So easy to slide from right to left.  Making a decision to do right and then being diverted, o so subtily.  Off track.  How do I get back up?  JUST GET BACK UP.  Actually, when I think about it, I didn't fall - not like I was beginning to allow my mind to convince me.  I am WAY better than I used to be and as I allow God to 'perfect' me, I will have some set backs.  But they are only 'failures' when I stay there. 

Today is your day.  New mercies.  Don't look back.  Look ahead.  Trust God.  Make a decision right now to do your level best.  NOW is all you have control over.  Matter of fact, why not trust God even with the things YOU have control over - He's gotta be able to do a better job with it than you?  I think that's what I'll do.  Deciding to turn over the reigns to the Most High has to be the right thing to do.  Let's do it together.  The best thing about it, is He won't be overwhelmed with ALL of our issues at the same time even though I can get overwhelmed with just my own little issues.  Git it Big Poppa.  Do your thang.  I love you!

Congratulations time:
Kim J.- MD, Down 3 more lbs!!  You are doing it for real.  Its a lifestyle and you are living by example - Ms. Keilah (senior year stress and all) holding steady and losing those INCHES!! So proud of this mom/daughter team!

Jennifer R. NC, I'm so proud of you!  Off to a great start with a bullet!!  We going grocery shopping saturday and getting that daughter all ready to jump on board with you!  Mom's take note - its a family thing!!

Special thanks!
Special thanks to Amanda B. and St. Paul's for having me out last night to speak with Davidic Praise Litergical Dance team.  I'm blessed to be able to share with you what God desires for you.  Continue to honor your bodies as a temple for the Lord.  He is blessed by your praise!  Present your bodies a LIVING SACRIFICE...its our reasonable service!

What's up next for Back to Eden:
RAP (Review All Pitfalls) Session
Friday, November 19 · 7:00pm - 9:00pm

Where:  301 W. 24th Street, Charlotte, NC 28216
Topic:  S.O.S. (Sedentary Off Season)
Tell the truth and shame the devil!  We often use the holiday season as an excuse to fall off the wagon.  Then New Year's resolution time comes around and we are further behind then when we started.  Lets try to nip this thinking in the bud and get off to a jump start for the new year.  Please RSVP.  I'd like to try something different for the 'food' part of this fellowship and I need a head count to be able to figure it out.

There is no cost to you.  You may bring a friend, they don't have to be Back to Eden.  Just RSVP.  Thank you!

Recipe: Easy Vegetable Soup

Prayer:  Lord, cover us and keep us.  Prepare us and strengthen our hearts for a lifetime of commitment to you.  Bless our husbands Lord (the ones we have and the ones we want).  Cover our families.  Bless the wives Lord.  Keep and comfort our hearts.  Remind us to turn to you in every need.  In Jesus Name.  Amen.

Special Prayer:  Lord, bless my mother.  Allow her to arrive safely in NY and guide her feet to find all that she seeks of you.  Cover her with favor and grace.  Let her heart find safety in you.  Be peace and peace be still.  In Jesus name.  Love you Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment