Search This Blog

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Stand...ing


Lord, I keep trying not to get ahead of you and to find it within me to stand. And to stand therefore with my loins girt and my feet shod and my breastplate on and my helmet on and my sword at my side ready to fight. Standing when I wanna run. Standing when I'd rather hide. Standing when throwing in the towel feels like victory. Just standing...with my outstretched hands and my broken heart. Standing in the enemies lair trying desperately to remember I've already won. Standing half-heartedly not even really believing. Standing because giving up right now would take more than I have in me. Standing, oblivious to the fact that You are right there in my loneliness, in my desperation, in my bleakness, in the center of my vicissitude YOU never left me...standing...alone.

Ephesians 6:10-18 Just Standing

No comments:

Post a Comment