Search This Blog

Thursday, June 24, 2010

That which I should do I do not

Junk Food - The drug of choice
Romans 7: 19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

We face a tremendous amount of difficulty as we attempt to overcome our addictions and reliance on foods. Not only do many of us have an unhealthy emotional relationship with food we are also chemically addicted to it! I am not giving out excuses to fail or give up, quite the opposite, I believe, as many of the '_________anon's' teach that the first step to overcoming the addiction is accepting the TRUTH.

I have heard the gamit from, 'its just my sweet toof' (u kno the 1 'toof' left cuz u ain't brushed between eatin' all them sweets!) (lol) and 'I just like the way food tastes'. Well, we are supposed to enjoy food, just like we are supposed to enjoy sex (another one of those lovely little benefits to being human that God gave us) BUT (and its a big but) we are supposed to enjoy them as God intended. We should not use food as a replacement for God's love, self-love, or another's love. Food is not intended to combat boredom, emptiness or lonliness. Food's job is to provide fuel for the body, an awesome creation, that has the ability to HEAL itself! Problem is the fuel we use is often not the fuel we need. Let me give you an example. You decide one day, you so do not like the smell of gasoline, you are going to use olive oil to fuel your car. I don't care how much olive oil you use to fuel your car...its NOT going to move! You could spend your whole day polishing and waxing and washing that car with a full tank of olive oil and its not moving. Sounds like a silly notion, I mean who's crazy enough to put a full tank of olive oil in their car and expect to be able to drive it? Who's crazy enough to put (Chips, candy, pie, cheese,soda,butter,cake,ice cream)o I'm sorry, I went off on a tangent because I just started thinking about how many times I 'fuel' my body with the wrong things and not just fuel it with the wrong things I also avoid the right things sometimes because I don't 'LIKE' them. Our bodies need-require a wide variety of proteins, carbs, fruits and vegetables in proper combinations. We can't just keep giving our bodies the fuel and wonder why its broke down and busted.

Just do it!

Congratulations Time:
Tracy - You have done the dern thang!! You have gone from a size 24 on down to a 14!!! That's what to do! I am so proud of you girl. Stand proud!

Recipe
Pepper Steak w/Onions and rice

1lb Lean Steak
1 large onion coarsely chopped
1 large green pepper coarsely chopped
Lite Salt/Pepper to taste
1/2 clove garlic
1/2 tsp onion pwder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp corn starch (optional)
1/2 cup water or beef broth (low sodium)
1 TBSP Low Sodium Soy Sauce

In a large skillet, add 1lb steak, sliced and seasoned with dry ingredients to pan. Cook through, add onions/green peppers/garlic. Cook until onions and peppers are at desired tenderness. Add soy sauce, and or additional liquid, if needed and whisk in corn starch (for thickening). Serve over a 1/2 cup of white or brown rice.

Exchanges:
1 Protein - C (Beef); 1 Veggie A (Peppers/Onions); 1 Carb A (rice)

Prayer: Lord, strengthen our hearts and minds to be obedient to our spirit. Remind us to seek you as the source of our stregth and the strength of our life. We trust you completely and totally. Help us to trust you where we don't trust you. Forgive us for our short comings and remove the guilt that attempts to bind us up in fear of failure. Remind us we are more than conquerors. In Jesus Name - Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment