Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

There's no hocus pocus...just fix your focus!

Rom14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. 18 For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men. 19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.

So often we stumble an fall because we are not paying attention. Or we are paying attention to the wrong thing. When I focus on the things I'm 'missing' like sugary treats or cheese, I fixate usually until I give over to them. But when I fix my thoughts on my goals: gettiing to a size 5/6, finishing a triathalon,living a long propsperous life, sharing the gospel, writing God's word on my heart,supporting my husband and son to achieve their goals, becoming wealthy enough to be a blessing to many,the list goes on and on...guess what-no time for cake!

Get busy about your righteousness, peace,joy in the Holy Ghost because that's the Kingdom of God!
Charlotte Reminders:
Tonite(wed)Aerobics w/Tish@7pm 1337 Samuel St New Life Fellowship center(free)

This saturday Boot camp w/Tish @ Independence Park (Hawthorne) 8am ($10)(all levels)

What's on sale @ the Teeter!
Harris Teeter Chicken Breasts/buy 1 get 1
Whole or sliced mushrooms $1.89

Recipe:
Hibachi Chicken n mushrooms

1lb Chicken Breasts
1pk Mushrooms (sliced)
1/2 Tsp Olive Oil (just for sautee' the mushrooms - don't go over board)
Powdered ginger
lite salt/pepper to taste
Low sodium soy sauce

Grill the chicken in non-stick pan, add seasonings. Once the chicken is cooked, add the oil and the mushrooms. Serve over white rice (or brown rice) with a bit of low sodium soy sauce. Enjoy!!

Exchanges:
Protein B, Veggie A - if you add the rice Carb B.

Prayer: I will sing praises unto you! Lord you are great and greatly to be praised! Your majestic works are all around us. I am basking in the power of your love! I bow down @ your feet! Your anointing surrounds us! We give you praise, glory and honor! Go before us and order our steps Lord! Amen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment