Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

surrender...AND WIN!!!

Matt 16:21 a. From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, b. and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.

You have to KILL those old habits - Dead! For your body to LIVE! Christ had to DIE and be raised again to operate in the fullness of His power. Somethings have to die to receive the fullness of their glory. The caterpillar must surrender his WHOLE being to return as the beautiful butterfly.

Die (kill your old habits) so that you might live! God's Word is applicable and true in all of lifes situation. He tells us how to live. He teaches how to sustain ourselves, our bodies, our lives and most of all our Power. The power that God has given us is not metaphorical. It is LITERAL. He said, GREATER IS HE THAT IS IN YOU THAN HE THAT IS IN THE WORLD. Now, I don't always feel so 'great'. I don't always feel like more than a conqueror. But how I feel doesn't matter. Its who I am. I want my body to function without pills and shots and dialysis and doctor visits so I have to do for my body what it NEEDS not what it 'wants'. It surely doesn't want to give up cake or sweet treats or fried chicken. But it NEEDS to die to the binds of those foods so that it can LIVE. I have to make the choices, just as Christ did, to surrender some thing in order to win EVERYTHING.

Congratulations Time!!
Kim J./Keliah J. (Baltimore, MD) - Ya'll keep showing what a mother/daughter tag team is all about! Mom(Kim) down a total of 26lbs and daughter (Keliah) down 11lbs. I'm so proud of you both. Kim a extra special shout out for being ALL THE WAY out them 300's. No turning back. You gaining on that contest win. Keep me posted!!

Don't forget the contests! Mano a mano - First to lose 15lbs: Dick's Sporting Goods gift certificate.
Size 14 Dress contest - Black Dress&Accessories
Size 12 Dress contest - Dress&Accessories
Size 18 Designer Bag contest - Silver Designer bag courtesy of Fabulouslacewigs.com

Side Note: Tracey has gone from size 24 to 14(goals last week email). Tracy, send me your contact info so I can send you a special something. I'm so proud of you sister. Stick to it. The race is not given to the strong or the swift but to them that endureth til the end...EVERY RACE. ANY RACE. Your Christian RACE and your LIFE race.

Recipe: Pineapple Chicken & Veggies w/rice
1lb Grilled Chicken Strips (cooked by you is best; but you can choose Butter ball in the deli case it has low sodium)
10oz bag of frozen mixed chinese veggies
1/4 cup of Pineapple Salsa (Trader Joes)
1/2 cup of pineapple chunks (drained)
Cooked rice

Note: This makes a family size portion. I don't usually prepare it this way if I'm eating it just for me. I just mix up the chicken with 1/2 tsp of the pinapple salsa and add a few chunks of the pinapple toss it in with a cup of veggies and nuke it and put it over some rice for a meal in minutes.

The long way: Sautee the chicken in the pineapple salsa, add veggies, pineapple chunks and serve over rice. It doesn't take MUCH longer but I don't particularly like messing up a pan in the middle of the day:)

Exchanges: 2oz of Protein B; 1/2 cup Veggie A; 1/2 cup carb B; 1/4 cup fruit B
Make sure you use this meal appropriately for your body type.

Prayer: Lord, let me be an instrument of your peace. Help me to surrender my will today and replace it with your strength. I need you to be my covering and restore my joy. God I desire a healthy relationship with food and with you. Keep my feet from falling. Help me to place my mind on you all day. I don't want to start out strong and finish weak. Help me to find consistency in your holy spirit to the tearing down of strongholds. Bless all those I come in contact with today. Destroy yokes and remove doubt. Heal bodies Lord. Strengthen minds. Restore peace and establish your kingdom, in Jesus Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment