Search This Blog

Friday, July 23, 2010

Second wind!!! Get it! Got it! Good!

Isaiah 40:31 - But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Whew...running, running, running, never feeling like the end was in sight. Running this morning, up and down hills it just seemed like I had bit off more than I could chew. Honestly - 4 miles running on and up hill terrain, yeah - no...about half way through it I began to wish I brought my cel so I could call my husband to pick me up. I couldn't do it. Thought I could. But I couldn't. However, no cel, no way back but by my own feet - I pressed on. I prayed...help me Lord - o Lord!! Then I looked up and saw the sign in front of me that marked the less than 1 mile mark to my house. It somehow encouraged me that I was almost home. I could indeed make it. The end was insight. I kept going, I even built up some momentum!! What?!? Where did that come from? BOOM...I was at the .1 mile mark and I could see my house!! I felt like Rocky!! I made it and I didn't faint! You can do it. Keep your head up, eye on the prize and walk on water!!

Special Thanks today!!
Thank you so much to the ladies at Friendship! You made me feel so comfortable and welcome. I look forward to working with each of you to make your goals. God is with us on this journey - it was pre-ordained that we met and this is the appointed time! Walk in victory with me!!

Kenya T. - Girl-your enthusiam is INFECTIOUS! I was so happy to see you on last night getting more information and working your plan. You are already beautiful and now reaching your weight goals - WOWEE! bOOMPOW! dO IT GIRL!!

Weekend Reminders:
Ms. Tish has allowed me to invite anyone who want to join in with her tomorrow morning. Freedom Park - 8am. She will take us through a good work out and you will have plenty of time for your own saturday activities.

Weekend food fare:
Once again, remember you have to EAT TO LOSE!! Its ok to eat out, but remember you have to offset that sodium so keep the hydration up. Eating every 2.5 to 3 hrs EVEN ON THE WEEKEND. You can do it.

A little something to try if you are adventurous over the weekend. July is the start of Eggplant season. Here's a sweet/spicy/curry Eggplant inspired recipe for ya!

Grind the cumin seeds, coriander, chiles, cloves, and cinnamon together in an electric spice mill or with a mortar and pestle.
Heat the oil to medium-high heat and stir-fry the onions, garlic, and ginger for about 4 minutes, or until the onions are translucent and soft. Add the ground spice mixture and cook 1 minute.
Add the stock, coconut milk, paprika, tamarind, brown sugar, and salt. Stir well to dissolve the tamarind and sugar, then add the eggplant. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook, covered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove the lid and add the pineapple. Reduce the liquid until almost all has evaporated, leaving a thick sauce clinging to the eggplant. Keep warm until service. (The filling may be made 1 day in advance, refrigerated, and reheated for service.)


Prayer: Lord thank you for the renewal of strength! Thank you for the infection of the sisterhood! It is so encouraging to be working with so many positive ladies reaching their goals and building their strides. It is with you that all things are possible. Lord, today I ask you to help us to reach out to someone else and bring them in. Into your kingdom, into your presence. In the fullness of life that you have promised each of us. God you are so great and greatly to be praised. Thank you for not giving up on me and not allowing me to give up on me. It is in your will that I find peace. Help me to stay there and encourage others to be there with me. In Jesus name. Amen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment