Search This Blog

Thursday, July 22, 2010

STAND and face it


Standing in the face of fear. Ephesians 6:10-18

Fear of failure is a paralyzing thing. After approaching this objective, year after year, a desire to lose weight and failure after failure only substantiating the fears, its difficult to take another 'try' at it. I mean, its the same old 'me' fighting the same old 'it' (fat). What makes me think this time, I'll succeed? In my own ears I hear the ringing of past results or lack of them. The mirror taunts me with mixed feeling of, 'maybe I'm just supposed to be this size' and 'what makes you think you can do it'. I can't seem to get away from, even with all the 'trying' in the past - I didn't succeed.

But God. When I got out of what "I" couldn't do and what "I" didn't do and finally, finally said, you know what, I KNOW I can't do this...ALONE. I can't do it on my own, in my own strength and with my own power. Getting out of 'me' and into the full armor of 'Him', I found the ability to STAND. Standing led to results that I didn't even believe were in me. To be honest, my own goals were set so low, even in the face of my newfound 'faith' that I wasn't going to do it on my own this time that 'swoosh' even I am amazed. 20 - 18 - 16 - 14...I would have stopped right there. That was a BIG goal and a GREAT accomplishment. But my GOD says - exceedingly and abundantly! When we get in line with God and really walk in lock step with Him, o my GOD! We went to 12 - 10 - 8...still standing, waiting and trusting. Funny thing is, tribulations really do work patience, and patience does work experience and experience really does work hope. My hope is not ashamed, I'm hopeful that in the experience of my trials, you guys, my sisters and brothers will find strength and power to bring about your own hope. You can do it, you will do it. I promise you, if you put your trust in God and your faith in God and do what He tells us and SURRENDER these weights to Him, you will surpass your goals and reach the real goal that Christ has for you.

Congratulations Time:
Doreen - You keep losing those pounds and inches girl. Stay focused. You are an inspiration to many!!

Kim J. - Tone and Tighten! That's the ticket. The inches are coming off and the devil is a liar!! You are more than a conqueror and you better walk in the authority on you!!

Kenya T. - Keep on doing it girl...another pound in just a couple days...but stay off that scale:) You're losing, believe it in your heart and keep doing what you are doing. We'll check stats on Tuesday for sure!! Go higher big sexy!:)

Need status on the progress of the Size 18 folks. Where my ladies at?
Need status on the progress of the Size 14 folks. Where my ladies at?
Size 8's...I didn't forget you? How you doin'?
and not to be outdone - mano-a-mano: WHERE THE FELLAs AT?

I got the prizes and I'm trying NOT to take the 'bag' from the 18 club. It came back with me from Cincinatti and it is CUTE!! Check out the picture!

Recipe:
Kind of boring today. I just made simple chicken and rice for lunch.

Grilled chicken breasts - seasoned with hot sauce, pepper, lite salt, garlic powder and onion powder. Tossed in some chopped onions, green peppers, snow peas, red peppers, orange peppers, yellow peppers (dag..that was a lot of peppers - lol)
Jasmine rice, splash of low sodium soy sauce on top.

Easy does it, just skillet up the meat and veggies, place atop 1/2 cup of Jasmine rice and splash with soy sauce. It was good and easy - about 10 mins to prepare.

Prayer: God, right now I just want to THANK YOU. There is no success in anything I attempt to accomplish without you. I grow anxious when I separate myself from you. I need you near and I need to hear from you. Give me perseverence Lord. Let us continue in you, day to day, not wavering but trusting in YOU for Good Success. In Jesus name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment