Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Who do you see when you look at me? (or yourself)

Original post date: 3/9/10

John 4:4-26 Am I the adulterous whore or am I the passionate evangelist? If the truth be told, I am both. Fortunately, God sees within us, often past what we even see of ourselves or who we might be at this particular moment in time. If I were to stay locked up in what I see I won't be able to even conceive of doing the things that God would have me to do. All my dreams would be beyond my reach. But I choose to listen today and see who God says I am. In consuming the Living Water I become filled and desire to tell others about this drink that quenched my thirst, my emptiness.

But if I would have stayed in my own opinion of myself - or even someone else's opinion of myself, I might still just be that adulterous whore. BUT GOD! Now I can see myself through God's eyes. Its still cloudy and I still sometimes see the old me and get scared that 'she' couldn't possibly achieve anything. But when I pray...God infuses me with the strength to be me, covered in Him! That's the best me I have. The best me I am.

Let's take another look at ourselves. Stand in front of God and let Him reflect to you who you really are. A royal priesthood. A holy people. Not a slave to our flesh but instead, lord over it. Then make choices based on who God says you are!

Congratulations Time:
Kaylah S. - You took a big girl pill last night! Way to step up to the plate young lady! Deciding that there is no time like RIGHT NOW to get started on your goals. I promise to walk the journey with you. I love you and you're gonna do this!!

Kenya J. - Alright sista! Bless that man of God (your husband). He's got your back and I'm glad you saw something good here. You are well on your way. Send me your results so we can get you started IMMEDIATELY!

Shelby T. - You just bless me! I'm glad you are taking authority over your health. It already shows. You are just going to add one more peice to the puzzle and WATCH OUT! We got this!

Sonia M. - Your dedication and 'won't quit' attitude is remarkable! The small changes that we've made are going to get your metabolism SUPERCHARGED! Look OUT - sexy!

Judy D. - I can't believe you COOKED for yourself!!!! HEHEHE - I love you my 'cookie'! Way to put it in gear and not let a moment take you out. Glad you enjoyed the 'rice porrige' recipe. - Love you girl and you know I got your back!!

Recipe:
Shrimp and Grits (one serving)
5 medium shrimp, deveined, defrosted, pat dry - dry season with garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, Lo Salt, pepper, chili powder
Grits - cook as desired, season with garlic, butter buds, pepper

In a preheated pan, with 1 quick short spray of Pam, put a nice crust on shrimp and turn once. Don't cook shrimp long or they will be tough. Plate them on top of 1/2 cup of grits and enjoy.

Cook time - 5-10 mins, depending on which grits you use!

Prayer: God, allow me to see myself as you see me so that I don't short change you! Help me to be full of your glory and confidence as I attack my goals. Cover me with your protection and lead me and guide me in all truth. I love you Lord and I'm glad I never have to do this alone!

In Jesus' name - AMEN!!

Lisa Thatch - A Caring Professional
704-493-2035 704-493-2035

Eat to Lose! Call for a consultation!!

No comments:

Post a Comment